hit counter script
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

When Comic Sans Kills (5 Stars released)

The much anticipated Chris Mackey 5 Stars have been released. They feature an extreme sport with a cool 5 stars coming out of the coin. Two very curious things about this coin though... Who in the world picked Comic Sans for the "How Far Will You Go For A Cache?" I have to say that font kills me. I just hate it. I think this is one of those fonts that you love or hate. My Magellan eXplorist has one menu with this font and when it comes up I just want to chuck it. The other strange aspect is that the coin it's self looks like a dirty brass key. I'm sure that this was an intended effect, but wow, this takes the antiqued look to a new very used looking extreme. Setting all of my rude criticism aside, this is still a very nice looking coin. The 5 stars projecting from the side are cool (But I wish they would have left them sharp- Rounded is not very "Extreme"). The back is very cool too... no Comic Sans back there :). Definitely my favorite of the series is the diver. The shark & coral looks neat.


No comments: