hit counter script
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 06, 2006

Pathtags deliver: Review

Really this took a lot less time than I was expecting. I figured that it would be more like a geocoin taking months... but wow less than a month!


The package came over US Priority Mail.











Inside was this big (cheap/ugly) purple pouch. This thing freaked me out! After seeing this thing I thought the tags must be... well less than I was expecting.















Inside the pouch were two little bags. One had tags only and one had some tags and the clips. The clips were smaller than I was expecting. Online they look larger.












But what about the tags, you ask? GREAT. WOW. COOL. these things are very very nice. Way better than I was expecting. They have better detail than most of the geocoins I have seen. The colors are super sharp. A VERY high end product. (Please toss the bag, add some extra tags!)















But there is a rather humorous twist... On the back it says track me at www.pathtags.com. Because the tag is so small it looks like it says "Track Meat"
















Ah yes I see it now. Forget travel bugs and geocoins, introducing traveling meat snacks.

Verdict: If you don't have a pathtag yet you are really missing out on something great. These are very good. Defiantly the best value in custom geocaching "swag." I wasn't even expecting the meat tracking feature :D

2 comments:

Marky said...

While they are very cool, I don't think I would call them the best geoswag value out there. I will be watching pathtags to see how things go. I'm sure Joani will be making our design, so maybe we can trade. :)

Mike said...

Too funny. I never thought about the "Track Meat" lol. I'm glad you like them, we are getting very positive replies all around. The cost of the clips and bags are marginal - 98% of the cost of the package is in the tags. We'll see about getting better bags on the next round.