hit counter script
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 07, 2006

GC.com: A pathag is not a geocoin

This is an interesting development. I posted a thread about getting my new pathtag and the moderator of the geocoins section of the groundspeak forum, "Flying Spaghetti Monster," moved it to the general geocaching section. As another reader pointed out, this is odd considering wooden nickels, and tokens are allowed. The only difference between a Pathtag and a Micro Geocoin is the addition of the hole! They call this a geocoin:














It leads me to no other conclusion than groundspeak doesn't like the idea of another site "Tracking" a coin.

As cool as the geocaching.com site is, the politics are killing me.


*Quote*

"Pathtags are not geocoins so I'm moving this discussion to the general forums."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the politics are killing me too. I have been looking for a new website to use along w/ geocaching.com. Thanks to your site I am going to check out Terracaching.com.