hit counter script
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Man (Chris Mackey) speaks

Chris was reading the blog and we can benifit by his point of view. He was kind enough to talk about his new coin releases and continue to tout his upcomming, exciting, and very mysterious "Mystery Coin!"

*Quoted text*

Hi CacheGame, just read your blog and thought I'd clarify a couple things
for you.

1) As much as I love the Cache is King coin, it's not the one I was hinting
to. I just received the proof photos this morning (of the mystery coin) and did a quick happy dance while no one was looking. It's waiting to be revealed still, but boy oh boy, just you wait - LOL!

2) It's not Comic Sans, but it might as well be. I chose the font actually.
I wanted a heavier hand-written look for the coins and so went with a
looser, rougher font of a person signing a 5 star log under those kind of
conditions. I'm not sure why the stars aren't sharper though. The original
design called for it, but after the issues some cachers have had with sharp
points lately, I can see why the production called for it and I approve. As
for the dark antique, I think that has a lot more to do with the lighting of
the photo.

3) I'll check, but I don't the First to Find coin will run into infinity.
I'll check with the guys to confirm.

4) Crake is the man! Astrolabe has really come out nicely and I've already
put in my order :) I'll have to work even harder on my next design.

5) Landsharkz did a super job on their coin. Just received mine and it's
sure to be a highly sought after prize for cachers everywhere.

6) Love your glowing tokens and your pathtags! They're both looking great
and I can't wait to find one out there in a cache. Thanks for posting the
pics.

Talk soon, 'til then Happy Caching from Fox & the Hound

No comments: