hit counter script
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Crake's Geohana Proofs

These are proofs of one of Crake's upcoming releases. I, for one, have been really looking forward to this one. I like to spend time in Hawaii when I can. I recently bought some of the 1951 bus tokens that these are designed after. The tokes are very interesting. They defenetly have a gold cast to them, and very small.. about the size of a nickel. These have a cool history and it was a cool idea to model a geocoin after them.

Crake is one of the great artists of the geocoin world and beyond. These coins look great, but I think that the hula dancer looks a little more like my niece wanting me to pick her up, than hula dancer. However, a lot happens to preproduction coins (which is what these are) before they become the finished product. Chris seems quite good with the finished details ;)

No comments: